I love each of the seasons for different reasons. Fall is a wonderful time of harvest celebrations, pumpkin patches, school starting and my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. Spring is a time of new life, fresh beginnings, flowers, perfect sunny days and celebrating the resurrection of Christ Jesus. Summer is filled with long, lazy days, fun activities, cookouts, playing in the sun and water, and feeling patriotic on the 4th of July. Winter is a time to huddle in with family and friends, dress in warm comfy clothes, baking and eating soups and treats and the celebration of the birth of Jesus. I love each season for different reasons.
Today I was thinking that I just couldn't wait until the fall. I often find that I'm waiting for the next season to get here, no matter what season we are in. When it is cold outside, I can't wait for summer. When it is hot outside, I'm ready for fall and winter. I find that I'm doing that with my "life seasons", too. When I was single, I couldn't wait to get married. When I got married, I couldn't wait to have kids. When my kids were born, I couldn't wait for them to talk, walk and be little people. Now, I am seeing this and wondering, "am I wishing my life away"? I want to enjoy each season for what it is, both "life seasons" and "natural seasons".
Lord, please don't let me waste my time longing for the next phase. Help me to appreciate and enjoy the season I'm in, no matter what season it may be. Help me to not look back at past seasons longing for aspects of those seasons, but to be content and fully present in the season I'm in. Thank you, God, for giving me peace and an understanding of who You are through your natural cycle in our world. You are good, God! Thank you for keeping me in check!

So true. As I was reading this post, this passage came to mind: Matthew 6:25-34. Of course it's about worrying about tomorrow when in reality you (actually, WE, because I do the same thing) are excited and impatient about tomorrow, but I think the reminder is still good, especially v. 33: "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." I love walking the walk with you. :)
ReplyDelete