Participating in the five minute friday started by Lisa-Jo Baker over at The Gypsy Mama. Today's word is Beloved. Go:
I am my beloved's and he is mine. His banner over me is love. That is an old song I sang when I was a young girl in children's church. As soon as I read the word beloved, I was brought back to that song and that time in my life. It was a simple truth to believe. I am His and He is mine.
Having just celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday, and celebrating 12 years of knowing my husband face to face today (long story here), I can relate to that verse of that song in a different way. When I was 6, I related that song to a father's love. A father is a covering over us, and loves us with unconditional, everlasting love. I can see God differently than I did when I was 6 years old.
Today, I can relate that song to my husband's love. Just as Christ loved the church does my husband love me. Oh how precious is that love that is shared between two who love Him. I belong to my husband and he belongs to me. His banner over me is love, just as Christ's love for me is like a banner over me. Ahhh, sweet love, wonderful knowing that I am beloved.
