I've been thinking a lot about why I write. It's mostly because THIS is my journal. I can write much quicker on the computer than I can in my written journal. Most of the stuff I write about is stuff God is doing in me, changing me. My journals on the floor next to my bed are mostly geared toward what I want my kids to know. I have a journal for each of them. Their own little stories, things I love about them, etc. This is my place to set free the things that God has been showing me, teaching me and correcting in me.
I also write because I believe that is something God has placed in me to do. I don't do nearly as much as I'd like to, and I've got some things to learn about how to do it right. Although, there probably isn't really a "right and wrong" when it comes to sharing your heart.
Finally, I write because the bible says to "write the vision" Habakkuk 2:2. We know that "Where there is no vision, the people perish" Proverbs 29:18. I write out of obedience, out of learning to process, and out of desire. I pray that God gives me vision when I write, and that I will write it down. I hope this encourages you to write more!
