Five Minute Friday
When I was a teenager, I wanted to be a mom and wife more than anything else in the world. I wanted to be a missionary wife and mom on top of that. I wanted to have 7 kids, both naturally and adopted. I thought I would open an orphanage in Russia and live as a missionary. I had all these thoughts and plans for my life, but it wasn't the course God had for me. At least not in the way I imagined.
Sometimes God changes the course of our plans and directions to best suite HIS plan and purpose for our lives. My 20 year old self would not have been ready for that kind of challenge. I had no real idea of what it was like to be a mom, to run a non-profit, to face real adversity. My non-Type A personality would have caved and drowned in the demands of all of that.
However, God has a way of meeting us right where we are to show us that those dreams were really from Him. He has a way of bringing us full circle without having to do it our way. Psalm 18:30 "This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him." Is that great hope, or what? His way is perfect, his word proves true. Those dreams I had as a teenager, they are coming true today.
How? Well, I've been blessed to be part of this wonderful blogging community over with Lisa Jo Baker. Every Friday for the past year (at least for me it's been a year), I've joined up with this community to blog on a word prompt. Today, we are joining arms to raise $150,000 for The Maubane Community Center in South Africa. The goal is to raise this money from Valentine's Day through Mother's Day, and I believe we can make that happen.
This is good ground to sow into. In Matthew 13, Jesus told the parable of the sower. I will be a witness and say that this is not thorny ground, or rocky ground. The birds will not come and eat this seed up. It won't get scorched because it is not deep. No, this is deep ground. This is good ground, ready to receive these blessings and do important work for the kingdom here.
The definition for sow as defined by Merriam-Webster is "to scatter upon the earth for growth; to set in motion; to spread abroad". I love that "set in motion". Let's set this project in motion by our sowing.
Father, I thank you for this opportunity to serve you through giving. Thank you for loving us and giving us the opportunity to love you in return and to show your love to others. I ask that you would multiply these gifts and cause them to be more than enough. Thank you for your promise that you can do exceeding, abundantly above all that we could ask or think, and I ask you to do that now. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Love your post. May God bless you on your journey as you sow for His Kingdom! ♥ Happy Valentine's Day! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I pray this community center is blessed and fully funded! Have a blessed weekend!
Delete