Monday, February 27, 2012

A Fish Out Of Water

For nearly a year I have felt like a fish out of water.  Uncomfortable in my own skin, not feeling like I belong anywhere, I have found myself really focused on my walk with the Lord.  Old insecurities have reared their head and continue to do so, even when I feel I have victory over one aspect of it.  This is my open book. 

I'm not fighting depression like I was over the summer, but those insecurities have certainly dealt me a hand this month.  I feel like I am tolerated instead of embraced, and that is at the heart of all my insecurities.  When someone is truly loved, they are sought after and pursued.  I often feel as though I'm not good enough in any circle of my life. 

It feels good to air out my feelings.  I don't feel this way every day, but when I do, I need to vent.  This feels like the safest place to do that without judgement or regret.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I could have written last few lines of the 2nd paragraph about family and friends. I have thought out a similar blog post several times...but I have not been brave enough to post. You are not alone, Chandra, and you certainly are loved. I was just thinking about you as I picked up the boys from The Arc today...Missing our little mdo run-ins! Hope we can have a Moms Night Out or In one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetheart, Tara! I miss getting to see you at the Arc, and in small group! I hope we can get a mom's night out/in soon, too. Let's plan one.

    ReplyDelete