As I washed the dishes for what felt like the 10th time, then folded my 4th load of laundry for the day, I started to mumble under my breath "Lord, please give me passion for my family that I am doing this for." He gently reminded me that sacrifice breeds passion.
People to don't sacrifice for things they are not passionate about. Think of anyone at the top of their field. They didn't get there by not being passionate about that field. They also didn't get there without sacrifice. Some sacrifice family time, some sacrifice beloved foods, some sacrifice friendships, some sacrifice temporary spending for further gain. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
God is so good to remind me that I am passionate about the 2 little guys and one big guy as well as a dog and a fish. Some days. the mundane, day to day sacrifice is all the passion I can show to them, and other days I am ready to lavish my love, time and energy on them.
Jesus should always be our example for all of our thoughts and ideas. So, I point back to Him and say, Look how passionately He loved us. He paid the ultimate sacrifice because He was so passionate about us. He had public displays of affection, no, not in the way we think of PDA. He lavished his love on his followers through healing, working of miracles, teaching them the way and loving them through all of their messy stuff. I want to be more like him each day, and love through all of the messy stuff no matter how much it hurts me, how much it bogs me down, or how much I want to give up.
Thank you, Father, for revealing to me the simple, day to day love you have for me, and how I display it for my family. I often feel inadequate to be raising such precious vessels for you. I feel unworthy as a mother on so many days, but you always bring me back to your word and confidence in who I am in you. Thank you for your goodness and mercy. Thank you for reminding in your word that from Jesus we have received grace upon grace. That has gone off in me like a lightning bolt, God. Help me to remember it when I'm kicking myself for messing up. Grace upon grace. I praise you God for your faithfulness! In Jesus Name, Amen!
