Passivity - the trait of being inactive, lack of initiative.
That word, passivity, has described my life for a long time. I have gone through a time of passivity in my marriage, family, health, finances, you name it, I've been there... in that rut of passivity. Choosing the couch over exercise. Choosing the tv over conversation with my husband. Choosing my email over time with my kids. Choosing anything over precious time with my Lord and savior.
That's why I know the word passionate came from the Lord directly for me for 2013. This is the year to set aside passivity and be passionate about life, family, Jesus and everything else! So, this is how I started my year, with much excitement about what God was going to do in me.
My husband I will both turn 40 this year. He will celebrate in February, and I will in August. We have totally different views about this turning point number. He is not happy about it, in fact, he is dreading it. It's the "end of being a kid". I, on the other hand, am over the moon about it, and can't wait to celebrate what I feel in my heart will be one of the greatest years of my life. Extreme opposites, no?
I loved the blog post over on One Word about the umbrella effect. It really solidified for me why I was doing this, and how it would trickle down into my life. For me, my word is Passionate. There are four specific areas that I felt like I needed to be more passionate about in my life: my relationship with the Lord, my marriage, my kids and my health. These are all specific areas that I know God is leading me to grow in, and to be more passionate about. I'm excited to see the growth and the change that will take place over the next year. But, I can already see heart change in myself in these four specific areas. That is the part that has to happen before any tangible change can happen, so I'm thrilled that I'm already seeing that happen in my life.
Passionate - having or expressing great depth of feeling.
Father God, first I come to you in awe of you. In awe of how you conduct the symphony of my life. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank you for changing me and molding me into the person you designed me to be. I thank you for inspiring me with the word passionate for 2013. I pray that you would show me each day how to be more passionate in the four areas that you have laid on my heart. I pray that you would enlighten my eyes when you've placed opportunity before me to grow in those areas. I thank you for your goodness toward me. I love you, Jesus! In Jesus name, amen!

What a great word- and I can tell your heart is in it! Excited to see how this impacts your life- and hey, your word may even help your husband feel better about 40 ;)
ReplyDeleteWonderful word.
ReplyDelete