Friday, October 11, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Anything But Ordninary

Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker again today for Five Minute Friday.  Go check out her page to get more info on the whole linking up bit!  Today's word prompt is Ordinary.

Go.

This week, this month, the past few months, they have all been anything but ordinary.  They have been extraordinary in ways I couldn't have imagined in both good and the not so good.  Through both extremes, and extremes of emotions, I have felt the presence of God, and seen His faithfulness.  

For the past 4+ years, I have met with a small group of ladies for bible study on Friday mornings.  I love my little group.  There are days when we share our battle stories and cheer each other on, give advice or whatever is appropriate for the mood that day.  It is anything but ordinary.

God's word is alive and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword.  That is anything but ordinary.  But here is the extraordinary thing about it.  He wants His word alive in you.  He desires for us to be so acquainted with His word that it is our first reference point for whatever good or bad life throws at us.  

Here is the best part.  Sometimes God's word comes so alive in us that we start to share it.  He speaks to us through His word, and we dwell on it, and it becomes like our very breath.  In order to live we must breathe, and in order to live more fully in Him, we must breathe in His word.  And you know what?  Sometimes, when we start to share what's so extraordinary inside us, it can sometimes feel very ordinary.  The thing is, it's anything but ordinary.

Stop.

Please join us for this weekly link up!  You  will be challenged and stretched beyond your wildest dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE the FMF challenges!!?? I love "in order to live more fully in Him, we must breathe his word" So very true... and a great reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do love the FMF word prompts! Each and every time it stretches me a little more! Thanks so much for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post - so encouraging to stay in his word and soak in it and let it become alive in us!! This excites me!!
    Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! It excites me, too. His word becomes life for us, when we breathe it in! <3 Have a blessed day!

      Delete