I have had a heavy heart for a couple of weeks. The difference this time around is that I have hope. God has been stirring up hope in my heart at the same time. I'm not going through depression with all of life's overwhelming issues, instead, my heart just feels heavy.
I learned of the passing of a former church friend. She was older than I, actually, older than my parents. I knew her, but did not know her well. I knew her children well. This was probably the 5th person I knew this week who went to be with the Lord. None of them close, but still affecting me in some way or another. At the same time, a dear friend of mine made a decision to have proactive surgery, a major one at that. Another friend was in crisis mode and needed some sound advice. My father-in-law has been in and out of the hospital for the past few months. My husband had outpatient surgery today, and I had to have a second physical exam after the first one was insufficient. On top of all this, I haven't had girl time since I don't know when.
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.
2 Peter 1:2
For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. Titus 2:11
The point of all this is that life feels overwhelming sometimes. There was a point that all of this would have drowned me because I tend to take on the burdens of others. Now, though, I have learned to God's grace has covered me time and again. I have come to confidently believe that He is always with me, never leaves me, nor forsakes me.
Such grace is freely given, all we have to do is believe it and receive it. What is overwhelming you today? Why don't you let His grace wash over you, and rest in the knowledge that He is right there with you. Lean into Him and let His arms cover whatever is worrying you. He holds you in the palm of His hand. The Holy Spirit gives us gentle reminders to lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus. It's not always easy, but once we learn to do it, a tremendous weight is lifted off our shoulders. We are not meant to carry the weights we sometimes like to pick up. Leave them there at His feet today.
Father, I lift up all of my sweet friends to you today. I know some who are dealing with things that seem impossible. Thank you, God, for the promise that all things are possible with you. I ask you to take their impossible situations and turn them around for your glory. I pray for peace to wash over them right now in the midst of their chaos, and I thank you for the Prince of Peace. Lord, let our bad circumstances and heaviness of life be used to glorify your goodness and faithfulness. In Jesus' Name, Amen!
