Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Thankful Heart: For Luke

It's Five Minute Friday time!  Please join us at Lisa-Jo Baker's for the link up.  The word prompt today is "Fly".  

Go.

For my sweet Luke.  

Never forget that you were born to fly.  You were born with a destiny deep inside of you.  Above all else, God desires you.  He desires to give you wings to soar.

When the world wants to give you a label, I pray that you will rise up above that label and soar.  I pray that you will fly beyond your wildest hopes and dreams.  

When discouragement sets in, I pray that you will fly above your critics and rest in God's truth about you.  

When you feel stuck in a rut, dig your feet in, spread your wings and fly.  Fly with the wind and you will soar.  



Remember the day we walked around Poppa and Nana's property and this bird followed us.  He swooped down and flew straight back into the blue sky.  He was confident, secure, sure of where he belonged.  Remember that bird when you need to remember that you are confident, secure and sure of where you belong, my love.  You belong.  You are valued.

I am teaching you now to have wings so that one day, you will soar.

“The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.”  J.M. Barrie, The Little White Bird


Stop.

4 comments:

  1. Chandra, what a sweet letter to your son for him to read over and over. We do gives our children wings and God will take them where they need to go. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Sarah! That is my prayer, that God will take them where they need to go. <3

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and such a life-giving message. I am sure your son appreciates the reminders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily. It might be a couple of years before he really appreciates them, but I hope he looks back over my blog and knows how much I've loved him. :)

      Delete