Friday, November 8, 2013

A Thankful Heart: The Truth

Linking up with Five Minute Friday over at Lisa Jo's place.  Click Here to learn all about it and join us on Friday's.  Basic rules, write for 5 minutes flat, no back tracking, no editing.  Then, link up on Lisa Jo's page so others can read what you wrote on the prompt.  Today's prompt is:  Truth.

Go.

Truth is, I feel grossly unqualified as a writer/blogger most days.  This blog has blessed me more than I can tell.  It has been healing for me, and I have seen God use it just for me in a thousand ways.  It has grown me in ways that I couldn't have imagined, and I'm only at the beginning.  But, there are days that I think I will never really find my voice or know my mission statement or have a professional looking blog that I desire.

Truth is, God calls me to this keyboard every time I write something.  He beckons me with His wisdom and His hope.  He desires for me to pour out hope to weary hearts, to offer them the same grace that was given to me so many times.  

Truth is, I look at other writers/bloggers and can't believe the talent that oozes through them.  I hope that I can hone my craft so well, and learn and glean from them.  We all have different voices, and we all have hearts to be heard.  

Truth is, I'm thankful for the community I am beginning to feel part of with Five Minute Friday.  For the sister friends I have made through #fmfparty on Twitter.  For Lisa Jo and her willingness to do this every single Friday for writers like me who are just trying to find their voice and lend it to help heal broken hearts.

Stop.

4 comments:

  1. Chandra, YES! I'm with you. A thousand times a day think those same things. But we are enough, sister. He makes us enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! Yes, we are enough! I need to etch that on my mirror so every time I look at myself I see "enough", not "less than". Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  2. I hear ya, sister. Grossly unqualified....that pretty much sums up my feelings too most of the time. Why does everyone else seem like a professional and me such an amateur? I heard it said the other day, "God does things through ordinary people...and really that's all of us." I really need to get this through my head. Thanks for a heartfelt FMF entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I agree, God does do extraordinary things through ordinary people. I'm so thankful for that! I feel like it's a constant lesson in my life. :) Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!

      Delete