Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday - BELONG

Each Friday, Lisa-Jo Baker prompts bloggers all around with a word.  The goal is to have everyone write for 5 minutes flat, no edits.  This week's word is belong.  Ready.  Set.  GO!

I have not participated in 5 minute Friday for a while.  It's not that I haven't wanted to, but really that my heart felt empty and I had no words to write for the word prompt.  Recently, that drought has felt the cleansing rain of the Holy Spirit working.

This word, belong, is such a powerful word to me.  There is something comforting about knowing you belong somewhere.  There is peace in knowing that.  For quite some time, I have felt out of touch, and really that I did not belong anywhere.  Almost as if there just wasn't a place for me.  My parents moved away, so the one place I did belong is no longer there.  My friendships changed over the course of a year, and that has left me feeling empty.  

However, God is faithful.  He is the One place where I belong.  Quite frankly, He welcomes everyone with open arms, waiting to fulfill their need to belong somewhere.  His amazing grace sees us through life's ups and downs, changes and steady times.  I can not imagine my life without Him.  He says I belong to Him.  I am His child.  

I realized this morning, when I got the prompt, that this is where I belong.  Writing with a community of bloggers, who also love to write.  Believing that we are some sort of family who has never met.  I love that!

Stop!


1 comment: