Thursday, July 11, 2013

Promises, promises

I know, two posts in one day?  Crazy, right?  I just happen to have a couple of quiet boys today, so I've been able to think and write.  Thank God for the small things.  

I have been in a bit of a dry spell in every way possible.  Creatively, spiritually, emotionally, etc.  Today, I was looking for a verse to encourage me, and was about to read Romans 8:28 - "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose"

But, instead of focusing on that scripture alone, I read a couple of verses ahead in Romans 8:26 -27 - "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

This was the word of the day for me.  The Holy Spirit helps me in these times of weakness, times where I feel empty and dry.  When I don't know what to pray, when I'm feeling like I'm not worthy to come boldly before the throne of grace, the Holy Spirit is there, interceding according to God's perfect will.  

Let me just encourage you, if you are where I am.  God has not left our side, He will not leave nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6&8).  He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).  He goes before us and makes our crooked places straight (Isaiah 45:2).  He is in our midst, rejoices over us with gladness, and quiets us by his love - he exults over us with loud singing. (Zephaniah 3:17).   This is just a tiny sample of the promises in His Word.  2 Corinthians 1:20 - For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.

Thank you, Father, for your promises.  Thank you for bringing these things to my remembrance, even when I feel weak, distant and dry.  I know that you love me with an everlasting love.  Help me to live like I know that promise.  I say Amen to the promises that you have already said yes to!  In Jesus Name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Good word! I am blessed by your faithfulness. I feel like I'm being spiritually run through the wringer lately too. But I agree that God is quite faithful, loving, and big enough even when we feel dried up and weak. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete