Linking up with Five Minute Friday once again. Every Friday, a group of brave bloggers join together at Lisa-Jo's place for a link up party. We write for five minutes flat without editing. The word prompt for this Friday is "Write".
Go.
Since I was in my late teens, I enjoyed writing. I helped some of my fellow students write their big papers for our Senior English class because I enjoyed it so much. In my early twenties, I started writing poetry. That poetry meant a great deal to me, and I miss it. Somewhere along the way, I got married, had kids, and the writing fell by the wayside. In 10 years time, I had about 15 journal entries, countless other journals started and lost, and two small journals for my boys for when they grow up.
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
My heart longs to write. It longs to draw the reader in. But, I've felt empty for words most days. The in and out of life tugging at my heart, my mind and my soul. The ups and downs of having two young boys. The day to day struggle to fully understand my worth in Christ. I have stories, but I have no editing abilities. Once I start editing, I end up with a blank page again.
There are probably 10 "draft" stage posts in my blog that I haven't been able to finish. I am inspired, but the words seem to dry up as I start writing. When I'm feeling empty, sometimes, I can start writing letters to friends and it stirs up that fountain. Writing encouragement to others is what I do best. That is what I want my blog to be. That is what I want my life to be - an encouragement. Even when I feel like my voice is not heard, I want to write.
Dear Lord, let my writing be pleasing to you, and point every reader to your Grace. Let me honor you in all I write and say. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Stop.

I understand! Ten years of marriage, 4 little boys, and an itch to write over here! Can I just say that your words here are clear and honest, and completely relatable!? You ARE writing. Keep at it. "Inspiration will come, but it has to find you working." Picasso. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love that quote! Thank you so much for the encouragement and understanding!
DeleteThat's awesome that you know that! It's great that you know what stirs you. Encourage and write on!
ReplyDeleteThanks for encouraging me, and yes, I will write on! I need a sign above my computer that say "Write On". I love it!
Delete