Joining the Five Minute Friday group again over at Lisa Jo Baker's place. Won't you go visit her five minute friday page and link up with us? Today's word prompt is Worship.
In 2003, I wrote in my journal about some things Todd and I were going through. We made a quick move to Texas from Massachusetts, without jobs lined up. We had a miscarriage two weeks after we moved here. Our furniture and belongings took 3 weeks to get to us. It took us 3 months and 6 months to find jobs. We spent the little savings we had. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. It was just a series of events, one after another. At the end of the page, I wrote this:
"When God's mercy collides with our worship, there is an explosion of faith that happens on the inside of us."
God's mercy is always available to us. Mercy is, by definition, undeserved forgiveness. We can receive God's mercy at any time. We just have to "receive" it. Many people go their whole lives never really receiving His great mercy.
The other part of this statement is "our worship". The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines worship as "extravagant respect or admiration for or devotion to an object of esteem". Extravagant respect or admiration. Wow! How extravagant is your admiration of our Holy God? I ask that to myself, too. What can I do to celebrate, to worship my Savior, my God?
Those of us who have walked with God for a long time know that our faith can be sure-footed and firmly rooted in Him, but our feelings might ebb and flow from time to time. But, we can have an explosion of faith in us that will take our lives by storm if we will allow ourselves to worship unhindered, whole-heartedly and with complete extravagance for our mighty God.
I'll end with this C.S. Lewis quote "It is in the process of being worshipped that God communicates His presence to men."
Spend some time today worshiping Him, committing your life to Him and being thankful for His presence in your life. He wants to communicate with you today.
End.

Thank you for sharing. ~Shalom~
ReplyDelete