Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Day 11 - Gracious Words

Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
    sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24

Today, I am thankful for gracious words.  I believe if we have nothing else to give, we all have the gift of gracious words.  We may not all be eloquent, and we may not all have the courage to say things we know we should.  But, we all have that gift inside of us.  The bible tells us that gracious words bring life.  They are sweet for the hearer, and health to their body.  

I get to go beyond my regular encouragement gift today and send a book and card to an old friend of my mom's.  She doesn't know she will be receiving mail on Monday, just in time for her Tuesday chemo appointment.  I haven't seen her since her daughter got married, but, I still think of her fondly, even with all of her ups and downs in life.  Her daughter and I have kept in touch more frequently throughout the years.  

I started praying a few weeks ago for ideas to be a blessing, to be the "G.I.F.T." (Giving it Forward Today).  Last week, the Lord started giving me ideas for how to move forward in that as this will be my first of 40 (and beyond) blessings. I am so excited to send her the "Jesus Calling" devotional and a card.  I pray that she will be blessed by it, but most of all, I pray God's word will reach her heart, heal her hurts, and bring sweetness to her soul and health to her body.

Where can you be gracious with your words today?  Who can you bless with this kindness, pouring sweetness over their soul and health to their body?  Once you know, go do it!  You will be blessed by being that blessing to others.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your heart, friend! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan! I think I would have already given up if it wasn't for your cheerleading me! ;)

    ReplyDelete