Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Days 12-15 - Rise and Shine

Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! Isaiah 60:1 (AMP)


Praise God for His promises!  I have struggled with depression on and off for nearly 3 years.  I read this verse this morning, and I believe it is THE word from God, for me.  It's time for us, as a church, to arise and shine.  It's time for us to move forward in the gifts and calling He has placed on our lives.  He has big things for us to accomplish  in this hour, in this season.  He has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).  There is a great hope and expectancy in these words from the prophet Isaiah.  Your light has come!  The Glory of the Lord has risen upon you!  

Take heart dear friends.  If you feel like you are in a season of depression or just feeling down, know that God is bringing you out of that.  He has a future and a hope for you.  He has great things for you, just keep your eyes on Him.  Let's keep our eyes on Him together.

Father, thank you for this promise in your word.  Thank you for bringing us out of darkness and into your marvelous light, for redeeming us, and finding us righteous in Christ.  I pray over everyone who is going through depression.  I ask that you would fill their hearts with hope, cover them with your peace and let Your love flow down to them through unexpected sources.  Thank you for your living water, for the word, and the hope we find in you.  You are so good to us, God! I praise you for all the wonderful things you are doing around us, for the work you are doing in us, for the blessings you have given us, and for the changes taking place in us.  I thank you that your glory will be seen upon us, for your face shining toward us so that all who see us can have hope in You, so that you will be glorified.  In Jesus Name, Amen!