Joining the Five Minute Friday crew again over at Lisa Jo's page. Go check out her page and link up with us! You'll be glad you did! Today's word prompt is "She".
Go.
She gave birth to me and trained me up in the ways of the Lord. She is my shoulder to cry on, my sounding board, the one who prays for me relentlessly. She is wise, a prayer warrior, full of the love of Jesus and the peace of God. She is my precious mom.
She was the first friend that I connected with on a deep level. She remains one of my closest friends, though I only get to see her about 3-4 times a year. She walks in wisdom, and I rely on her for all the details about my life. With her, I can allow myself to be completely me without a hint of a mask. She is Sarah.
She was one of my first friends out of high school. I was amazed because I had never met someone so energetic and enthusiastic about anything like she was. She was from Idaho and moved here to Texas just for bible school. She and I took lots of fun road trips and day trips. She left an indelible mark on my life to live for Jesus with complete abandon. She is Heather.
She was my very first true "mommy" friend. She is strong and fun, and has taught me to be a little stronger and have a little more fun. She works hard and is a fantastic mom. She continues to grow in the Lord and because of her leading a bible study group, I have met many more "she's". She has been there for me through thick and thin. She is Julie.
There are SO many other she's. I wish I had another 15 minutes to write, but alas, my 5 minutes is up. I will add a poem that I love and that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the prompt:
She Walks In Beauty
By George Gordon Lord Byron
She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!





I love this poem and so agree with you. sisters, mothers, and friends are so important in our lives. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete