Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Day 24 - 28 - Growing Faith

I have not really had any computer time for 4 days.  Our anniversary was this weekend, so I didn't think computer time was so important. Then my dear husband worked from home yesterday, so I couldn't use the computer again.  So, I'm catching up with 5 days of thankfulness in this one blog.  I apologize in advance if it is all over the place.  

My bible study group is doing the Beth Moore study "Believing God" for this semester.  We are only on week 2 and I am LOVING this study.  I can already tell that my faith is stretching and growing in ways that I did not even realize needed to be stretched and grown.  I've been a Christian for a very long time.  I grew up quoting scripture, learned to pray God's word over my circumstances at an early age, and knowing all the "right" words and phrases to use around other Christians.  The problem is that this led to complacency and apathy on my part in my late 20's / early 30's.  I am just now getting a new understanding of what it means to be a follower of Christ, and to live fully devoted to following Him.  

I am excited to see new truths in His word that I never understood or even read before, and I'm just as excited to get reacquainted with the one's I have known since I was 5.  Even in our times of crisis/apathy/laziness, God is working in us.  He is always working in us to bring us closer to Him and for His glory.  It's easy to look back and see the handiwork of God woven throughout the times that I was furthest from Him.  I am thankful that He never leaves nor forsakes us.  

Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:8 - "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Thank God for His promises, they are the same, yesterday, today and forever.  He never leaves us or forsakes us.  He is always there no matter how far away we think we are from Him.  He is always drawing us back to Him.  If God feels silent or distant from you today, know that He is really not that far from you at all.  Turn to Him, lean hard on Him and trust that He is right there waiting for you to run to Him.  

Love to you all.  I hope you have a blessed day!  I promise to get back into the swing of things soon.  No computer time really takes a bite out of blogging.