Friday, September 27, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Day 34 - Why I Write

Linking up at Lisa-Jo's place again today for Five Minute Friday.  Click the link, and join us!  

I don't consider myself a dynamic writer.  I write because I love it, it is an outlet for me, and I believe God has led me to this venue as my art.  When I was younger, I was very artistic.  I drew and painted hundreds of pictures that were pretty good for someone of my age.  I lost the drive to be artistic in that way as I began my twenties, but the desire to write was so big.  At one time, I had 40 pen pals.  I'm serious!  

I had dreams of writing a book, writing more seriously.  I am a blogger that has stage-fright, as Lisa Jo put it in her blog yesterday.  I don't have a lot of readers, my blog isn't what I dream it will become, and I feel so far away from making that dream a reality.  This is the true part of being a blogger: I think most of us feel a little bit of stage fright as we share our heart to the world who reads us.  There might be fear in what people think of us, or fear that no one will think of us.  Either way, it is something to overcome.  

I just celebrated my 40th birthday a month ago.  There are days that I struggle with where I am in life.  How many different directions my life could have gone... if I had done x.  But, the truth is, I know I am right where God would have me.  Even on the days that I struggle with being a stay at home mom, and not fully understanding my worth, even on those days, I know I am where I God wants me.  So, for me, writing is a beautiful outlet to discover myself, what I believe, and how God would use me.  

"Write about what really interests you, whether it is real things or imaginary things, and nothing else."  C.S. Lewis

The reason I started this Thankful journal is because of my 40th birthday.  Ann Voskamp's blog post about her 40th birthday inspired me to make some changes in my attitude toward life and the direction I was heading.  So, the thankful heart part of my blog was born.  I am spending one year writing about what I am thankful for.  I have missed a few days here and there because I am not always able to get on the computer.  But, I have kept up with it, and plan to finish the year out with thankfulness.  That's the true part of who I am.  I am a thankful person, and that's what I want the world to see.  

End.

Sorry I'm a bit all over the place on this one.  I'm exhausted!