It's Five Minute Friday, y'all! If you're new to that, please go visit Lisa-Jo Baker's page to get the skinny on the "rules" and link up with us! Today's word prompt is "Red".
Red letter words.
These are the words that bring life. They are words from a living, breathing, powerful Savior. One who seeks our hearts, and longs to have fellowship with us. Here, in his red letter words, he speaks to us, gives us instruction on how to live and lives out what he preaches.
I am thankful that I can have fellowship with the One who has saved me, who loves me with an everlasting love. In these red letter words, written for all of eternity, for all who desire to know him, they can read them like a letter written directly to him.
I am thankful that these red letters give me a glimpse into who he was as a man, as a teacher, as God himself. What power lies in these red letters? It is up to us to get to know them, to apply them and live them.
This is one of my favorite passages from the Red Letters:
Mark 11:22-25
And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
From the DC Talk song, The Red Letters:
There is love in the red letters
There is truth in the red letters
There is hope for the hopeless
Peace and forgiveness
There is life in the red letters
In the red letters


Needed that paragraph today - thanks!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Thank you, Karen. Blessings to you!
DeleteGreat post Chandra! I love your take on the color red! My earlier post this week was about the benefits of the Bible. I agree with you, there is power in the Red Letter Words!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Angel! We all grow from spending time in the word, and we don't just grow spiritually, but closer to God himself. Have a blessed weekend!
DeleteHaha--I thought of that dc Talk song as well! Great application for the prompt today. :-)
ReplyDeleteIsn't that an awesome song! I'll have to find your blog tonight! :)
DeleteEnjoyed this post.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Denise!
Delete