Friday, September 13, 2013

A Thankful Heart: Day 23 - Showing Mercy

"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,

    and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
    and to walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8 (NLT)


What does it mean for us to love mercy?  Mercy here can also be interchanged with kindness. So, in a sense, we should love showing kindness to others.  God is our greatest example of showing mercy.  We can look to Him to find how we should show mercy to others.  

I have written a few posts about God's mercy toward us (here and here), but never about the spiritual gift of mercy.  The gift of mercy is a ministry of helps.  Someone with the gift of mercy tends to respond to the needs of others, whether it is spiritual, emotional, physical, etc.  They also tend to be prayer warriors, and feel the NEED to pray often.  Prayer is a way to express to God their heart.  Their hearts are strongly knit with other sensitive people.  

This is a gift that I walk in, and feel is one of my stronger spiritual gifts.  I need to ask myself, and ask God this; where would you have me show mercy today?  How can I lead someone closer to You through mercy, Lord?    

I am joining in on Five Minute Friday again.  You can join us, too.  Hop on over to Lisa-Jo's page to get all the information about Five Minute Friday!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about that "gift" of mercy...thanks for the reminder. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete