Every Friday, a bunch of bloggers get together in a community to write on a word prompt given by Lisa Jo Baker. We write for five minutes, no edits, no back tracking, just pure writing. Today's prompt is small.
Go.
Can I be honest with you? When I saw the word prompt, I wasn't excited. In fact, I felt completely empty of words to write. Then, something remarkable happened. I started getting filled up with words and they started pouring out of me.
As I laid in my bed last night, feeling rather insignificant and small all wrapped up into one, I couldn't help but wonder what my lasting legacy would be. Have I made a difference? Am I worth remembering?
I am an encourager and intercessor. Those are my gifts. Those gifts can sometimes feel really small because it's not always recognized by others. Many times, other people don't even know that you are praying for them. It doesn't look the same as the person who brings dinner (definitely not my gift), or really anything tangible. These gifts, interceding and encouraging, are important, they can just sometimes feel rather small.
I know I've spoken thousands of words of encouragement throughout my life to help others pursue their dreams, to not give up, to believe in themselves, to just hold them up when they are feeling done. This is not small, though it often feels that way. See, encouragers and intercessors are not necessarily the "look at me" type of people. We often sit in the shadows of other people, and quite frankly, that's where we're most comfortable. Every now and then, we "behind the scenes" people want to know that we're really not that small after all.
So, I'm encouraging you, fellow encourager. You are not small or insignificant, and neither am I. We are gifted by our Creator to do this wonderful job of loving on others and believing in others, even when it sometimes hurts us. Even encouragers need encouragement sometimes. So, be encouraged, you're doing a BIG job.
"Be faithful in small things for it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa
Stop.

Perfect quote to finish off the great words
ReplyDeleteThank you! Have a blessed day!
DeleteLove that quote at the end...and I appreciate you and your heart, friend. Encouragers and prayer warriors are types of people that are so needed. Thank you for using your gifts, even if you are often behind the scenes. God sees...and I know He will bless, too. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mel! You have encouraged me!
Delete